OUR ENVIRONMENTAL INITIATIVES
At Safari Quads, we believe it is our duty to care for our environment and decrease our ecological impact while operating a fun and safe adventure tours. We are so fortunate to be able to utilize Iceland’s stunning nature to create unique and unforgettable experiences for our guests. With that being said, it is an opportunity that comes with a responsibility to minimize our environmental impact and ensure that our tours leave nothing behind but tire marks on the designated off-road trails. We are dedicated to implementing and always improving our initiatives moving towards sustainable tourism.
As an ATV/Buggy company, that operates outdoors, nature conservation is important for Safari Quads. In the last years, the company spent a financial amount in maintaining their trails. Work procedures are reviewed yearly to reduce the nature impact of the tours as much as possible.
What we do:
- We educate all our guides about sustainability.
- Safari Quads renews its fleet regularly to always be up to date with the latest technological developments.
- By having the newest fleet of ATVs and Buggies we make sure our CO2 emission is as low as possible.
- Parts of the Safari complex are rented out to a greenhouse company, using vertical farming to grow plants. The greenhouse will absorb parts of Safari Quads CO2 emission.
- All guides are advised to sort and recycle their waste.
- Off-road driving is strictly forbidden.
- We have a strict policy about leaving nothing behind on our tours.
- We stopped using brochures or printed mediums to advertise our product. Clients don´t have to print out their vouchers since we accept their electronic vouchers as well.
- We inform our guests about historical, cultural and environmental backgrounds of the areas where we operate our tours.
What our guests can do:
- Respect the nature.
- Use the waste sorting facilities at the Safari basecamp
- Don´t leave any waste behind you on the tour.
- Buy local products.
- Do not take any natural souvenirs with you during the tour.
- Always follow our guides and never drive off-road.
- Try to refill your water bottle instead of buying a new one.